Mark Terry

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Congratulations, Jude!

March 10, 2010
Remember that just a couple days ago I wrote that one of the best parts of being a writer is when your friends break through?

Here's a little bit of trivia.

On Monday I was on the phone with my publisher. As part of their marketing efforts they wanted me to send them as many emails as I had with names and regions. Well, I had quite a few, as it turned out (and probably could have sent even more, but I was careful not to abuse certain business relationships), but I mostly just put down the state the person was in. So we were going over my list (about 178 names) one by one and when we hit Jude Hardin, my publisher said, "Oh, small world. We just offered him a book contract."

I emailed Jude to verify that it was, indeed, him, whose first novel would be published by Oceanview, and he said it was.

Congratulations, Jude!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Thanks, Mark!

I'd only told a couple of people at that time, so I was wondering where the leak came from, LOL.

8:47 AM  
Blogger ssas said...

YES!! :D

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home