Mark Terry

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Life In Six Words

December 3, 2008
I was originally going to write about "details" in writing, but then picked up my USA Today and read Craig Wilson's column. Apparently Smith Magazine did a piece a while back asking famous and not-so-famous people to sum up their life in six words. Now there's a book out from Harper called "Not Quite What I Was Planning," that expands on the concept (with a 6-word title no less, which aptly describes most of our lives, I suspect).

Examples:

"Well, I thought it was funny." --Stephen Colbert

"Followed yellow brick road. Disappointment ensued." --Kelsey Ochs

"I wrote it all down somewhere." --Ben Greenman

"Never really finished anything, except cake." --Carletta Perkins

"Secret of life: Marry an Italian." --Nora Ephron

So, what about me? Well, given that it will change from day to day, the one that I came up with was:

Tried hard not to have regrets.

How about you?

Cheers,
Mark Terry

14 Comments:

Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Always got more than I deserved.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Jude,
Good one.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Kath Calarco said...

Easily distracted, very eclectic.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Wow . . . Kath did it in four words!!!


Writer, mother, always chaotic, never bored.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Right now, my life seems to be:

Must write faster; must work harder.

Speaking of which...

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean, time's up?

9:29 AM  
Blogger Davin C. Goodwin said...

It could ALWAYS be worse.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Jeez,
Kath in 4, David in 5.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Zoe Winters said...

self-possessed, both curse and blessing

10:35 AM  
Blogger Stephen Parrish said...

Again, please.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it yet to live.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some Atlantica online Gold,he usually can win a lot of Atlantica Gold,then he let his friends all have some cheap Atlantica online Gold,his friends thank him very much for introducing them the Atlantica online money,they usually buy Atlantica online Gold together.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know buy lindens? I like it.
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy second life linden and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these cheap linden with his friends.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many linden dollars and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found secondlife money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.
Do you know shadow of legend Gold? I like it..
My brother often go to the internet bar to buy sol gold and play it.
After school, He likes playing games using these buy shadow of legend Gold with his friends.
I do not like to play it. Because I think that it not only costs much money but also spend much time. One day, he give me many cheap shadow of legend Gold and play the game with me.
I came to the bar following him and found shadow of legend money was so cheap. After that, I also go to play game with him.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous hikaye said...

Hi. Just wanted to say cool blog and nice article in the paper this weekend!

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home