Mark Terry

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Are You Mark Terry?

October 2, 2008
I went down to Chelsea to meet my brother & sister and take my mom, who has Alzheimer's, out to lunch. Never the happiest of days.

Anyway, after driving 1-1/2 hours down, visiting, driving 1-1/2 hour back, I made it in time to pick up my son at high school. I was talking to one of the band directors while waiting for Ian and a girl looked at me and said, "Are you Mark Terry?"

"Yes," I said.

She said, "I read your book. It was awesome!"

"Oh. Thanks. Which one did you read?"

"The red one!"

I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it. She absolutely made my day. (And for the record, the red one is "The Devil's Pitchfork." The blue one is "Dirty Deeds" and the green one is "The Serpent's Kiss.")

Cheers,
Mark Terry

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really neat.

The book colors remind me of a comment John Lennon made -- I think on one of the Beatles live albums -- about how they'd made two movies, one black and white and the other in color.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Zoe Winters said...

Awwwww that is so awesome Mark! hahahaha I love that she said "the red one" ahahahahahahaha.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jude Hardin said...

Very cool, Mark.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

I read the red one too! lol
It was great. That girl has good taste.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Wow . . . Mark, that is really one of those "makes you glad to be a writer days"!

E

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home