Mark Terry

Monday, June 02, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For


June 2, 2008
Yes, I'm a busy little bee today. I unofficially started with a new big client, which is going to be pretty close to a full-time gig along with all the other projects I've got my sticky little fingers in.

And so I wrapped up an article today and dealt with some fine-tuning busywork, like invoicing and sending the publisher contact info, then the publisher of my latest business report sent me a galley proof to proof by Wednesday and...

Yeah, I'm happy about this. Just... wow. Leanne and I often say, "Busy is good," regarding being involved and keeping the work flowing, but sometimes you realize: oh yeah, I just went from doodling along to racing along.

At least until I get a handle on things.

Cheers,
MarkĀ 

4 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Congratulations, Mark! That's awesome. You sound happy. Or, at least, it's hard not to look at the picture and smile!

That's how this summer is for me. My writing has been slow as molasses this spring. Mostly because DH is away and I have to do double for everything, partly because I haven't had many immediate deadlines, and partly because I've just been doodling along, as you said. Now I'm backed up to the wall with four things, though. Good, I guess.

At least you have an excuse. I seem to be more motivated when it's closer to the last minute. *sigh*

11:40 AM  
Blogger Erica Orloff said...

Congrats. And I am SO where you are, in a sense.

I was like . . . freaking out over finances with college looming, and the way my checks were coming and so on. So I just kept being "open" to more work, saying to the universe, in essence, "I'm not afraid to work hard." And it has taken me up on it . . . and working hard I am. :-)
E

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Yeah, that about covers it.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

The "curse" of success :~)


...

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home