Mark Terry

Monday, January 14, 2008

My Own Problems

January 14, 2008
I popped onto my niece's blog this morning. She's getting her PhD in social policy (or something) in Boston and the workload is...

Well, anyway, in her blog she commented about something her mentor said about everybody getting in a circle and sharing their problems, then asking themselves, would you trade with anybody?

Ahem.

Probably not seems to be the answer.

And I pondered that a bit as I walked Frodo and decided that, although I would like some of my problems to go away or be solved, they are MY problems and I wouldn't trade them for somebody else's problems. At least...

I think so.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

Better the devil you know?

It would depend. I mean, would you get just the problem, or would your own personality be changed to make the problem a problem for you, too? And, say, would it switch husbands on you, or children or something? Would I have to take on their job and their life, too?

Yeah, I guess I'll solve my own problems. Easier.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Melanie Hooyenga said...

That's a good way of looking at it. I recently addressed something similar on my blog and I'd much rather solve my own messes than someone else's!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

It reminds me that in many ways I've chosen my own problems or at least I chosen to hold on to them, instead of trading them off. Not all of them for sure, but a fair number of them.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked really hard to get all of my problems. It would take a heap of cash for me to trade them away.

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home