Mark Terry

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mark's Christmas Gift Recommendations


December 5, 2007
One of my favorite gifts to get is a book. To-date, I've read about 62 books this year. I decided to recommend a few of my favorites and/or notable books to you as Christmas gifts.

Just a note. There were tons of terrific books, but I thought I would recommend books in four different categories by people that I think wrote terrific books, but aren't necessarily brand names. I loved several of John Sandford's novels this year, as well as Robert Crais' "Watchman" and many others, but they don't need my recommendation, they've got the New York Times for that.

So here we go:

Mystery/Thriller
Written In Bone by Simon Beckett

Capitol Threat by William Bernhardt

Comic Crime
Trial & Error by Paul Levine

Some Like It Hot-Buttered by Jeffery Cohen

Science Fiction
Old Man's War by John Scalzi

Ragamuffin by Tobias S. Buckell

Children's
Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

Percy Jackson and the Curse of the Titans by Rick Riordan


I would also like to bring to your attention a couple books by writer friends:

The Hades Project by Joe Moore and Lynn Sholes

BrigaDoom by Susan Goodwill

Stealing the Dragon by Tim Maleeny

A Thousand Bones by PJ Parrish

I could undoubtedly go on and on, but these is a great place to start your shopping.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

6 Comments:

Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

Thanks for the list! Books are my favorite things to get and give. I do alot of my shopping at Barnes and Noble.
Thanks again!
Jeannie

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, Those really are some great holiday gift ideas. I know it's all about expanding our minds and hearts and a good book or watching some good films help me do just that. This holiday season I decided to promote things that promote that holiday ambiance for the whole family to enjoy that's why I am working with this great company that put together this wonderful gift set. Do you remember the old classics like: RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER, FROSTY THE SNOWMAN, OR SANTA’S COMING TO TOWN, just to name a few. Well, there’s a package of these movies and more holiday classics including a bonus music cd to start the holiday off right. You can order directly at http://www.christmasclassics.tv or find this special limited edition set any where dvds are sold. Happy Holiday fellow book readers!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Joe Moore said...

Hey Mark,
Thanks for mentioning THE HADES PROJECT. You're back on my Christmas card list for doing that. :-)
Joe

5:31 AM  
Blogger Mark Terry said...

Good luck, Joe. :)

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope i can get FFXI Gil in low price,
Yesterday i bought FFXI gold for my friend.
i want him like it. i will give Final Fantasy XI gold to him
as birthday present. i like the cheap Final Fantasy XI Gold very much.
I usually buy FFXI Gil and keep it in my store.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
habbo credits is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage yourhabbo gold.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many habbo coins by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get buy habbo gold. If you need , you can buycheap habbo credits at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home