Mark Terry

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Feverishly


December 6, 2007
Okay, there's a lot more to this story than I'm going to tell you right now, but...

I've been working on a new novel with a new character.

A movie producer had been shopping the Derek Stillwater novels around--still is, for that matter. My agent sent her a partial manuscript of the new novel.

She loved it. 

Several of the producers she showed the Derek Stillwater novels to liked my writing a lot, but have had some reservations about yet another film being made about terrorism. So she showed at least one of them the partial.

Then she came back to my agent and I and asked if there was more. And if I could write a synopsis of the entire thing, because at least one of the producers really, really liked it.

So I did.

Then the producer sent them to the other producer and he read it and they had a meeting and then she got out of the meeting and called my agent who called me...

They want me to finish the manuscript by the 17th (about 100 pages to go) so he and his partners can read it over the holidays and make a decision.

So if I'm a bit scarce for a while, that's why.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

10 Comments:

Blogger Spy Scribbler said...

SOOO cool! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! Just make sure to get your money up front! It's my dream to eventually sell out to Hollywood and be able to tell everyone how I *hated* the movie they made of my project while sipping Pinot from my rooftop deck overlooking the ocean.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Melanie Hooyenga said...

Congratulations!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Tobias Buckell said...

Yay Mark, I'm crossing my fingers for you dude. Fantastic to hear.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

By the 17th of DECEMBER?!?
Go lock youself in your office and get busy! I'm wishing you the most SUCCESSFUL holiday season!
Go Mark, Go!!!!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Christa M. Miller said...

Most excellent news! Good luck writing!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Josephine Damian said...

Fantastic news, Mark! The 17th???? God speed.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write faster! Woo hoo!

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always heard something from my neighbor that he sometimes goes to the internet bar to play the game which will use him some hero gold,he usually can win a lot of hero online gold,then he let his friends all have some hero online money,his friends thank him very much for introducing them the hero money,they usually buy hero gold together.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope i can get FFXI Gil in low price,
Yesterday i bought FFXI gold for my friend.
i want him like it. i will give Final Fantasy XI gold to him
as birthday present. i like the cheap Final Fantasy XI Gold very much.
I usually buy FFXI Gil and keep it in my store.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home