Mark Terry

Friday, November 09, 2007

This Blues Cat's Got A Blues Cat


November 9, 2007
I'm working on Eric Clapton's version of "Cross Road Blues" (or Cream's, if you want to be picky about it), and YouTube is a wonderful thing for finding different versions of songs like this--including Robert Johnson's original version, which is so different from Clapton's I'm not entirely sure you can even compare them. Hell, I'm not even sure the chord structure is the same.

Anyway, I really like this version here and I think the dobro sounds great.

Enjoy & have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Mark Terry

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

awesome-

slightly different progression and an excellent arrangement.

thanks for sending me this link.
i look forward to checking out his Little Wing as well.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home