Mark Terry

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Napping As A Book Marketing Technique?


June 27, 2007


I rarely take naps. But I'm basically on vacation this week, even heading out of town to the beach for a few days, and I was sleepy and it was storming outside.

So what wakes me up? My cell phone going off. It was a reporter for one of the local newspapers, the Observer-Eccentric, wanting to interview me for a piece in next-week's paper. The OE was one of the papers and media outlets I sent a copy of The Serpent's Kiss to and the first to respond.

I rather groggily said, "Sure, call me back in a couple minutes at my office number."

I think it went reasonably well.

Maybe I should take naps more often.

Cheers,

Mark Terry

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimlesswriter said...

Yay Mark!
Don't forget to link us when that artical comes out.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice wakeup call, though I would be afraid I'd be too groggy to think straight. If I take a nap my cat wakes me up. She thinks cat naps are only for cats.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That's great! Aren't local newspapers one of the harder markets to grab?

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home