Mark Terry

Thursday, December 21, 2006

And The Winner Is...

December 21, 2006
Yes, the panel has adjourned for Mark Terry's First (And Probably Last) Ever Writing Haiku Challenge.

I cut-and-pasted all the entries into a Word doc, printed it out, cut each of them out, crumpled them into a ball, tossed them into the air, and picked one up off the floor.

Spyscribbler,

Please contact me via my e-mail address (markterry@charter.net) to let me know which book you want, what your address is and what you would like me to write in it.

And in the interest of Holiday Fair Play, I proceeded to do this a second time and the winner is...

Shannon.

Shannon, please contact me, blah, blah, blah.

Everybody else, thank you so much for entering--I haven't commmitted an act of poetry in years myself. I am reminded, though, that the first thing I ever published was a lengthy poem. It was called SCIENCE STUDENT (RHYME ABUSE). Here's the best bit:

Music's rockin' in the air,
Just not, just not, it's just not fair.

Science, it squarely shapes my brain,
We looks at poets with sad disdain.

Got no meanin', got no use,
It's just gonna lead to rhyme abuse.

But science just don't please my soul,
No soar, no swoop, no rock-n-roll.



You know, it holds up okay.

Best,
Mark Terry

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the winners! :D

Mark, thanks for the fun, and happy holidays!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

whew, glad I entered that last one and doubled my chances.This was lots of fun, thanks Mark!

Congrats, Spyscribbler and
happy holidays to you, too, jlb.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon, I read that last ditch effort of yours and loved it! Please say this won't be the last one--it was fun!

And that's a pretty cool poem, Mark! I really have to read more poetry. It reminds me that I love words.

Oh! And thanks! You made my day!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a new player , you may need some game guides or information to enhance yourself.
holic gold is one of the hardest theme for every class at the beginning . You must have a good way to manage yourholic money.If yor are a lucky guy ,you can earn so many holic online gold by yourself . But if you are a not , I just find a nice way to get cheap holic gold. If you need , you can holic online money at our website . Go to the related page and check the detailed information . Once you have any question , you can connect our customer service at any time .

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home